Tuesday, May 8, 2007

The Art of Motherhood

How dramatically life has changed for me over the past 3 years, and even more so in the past 10 months. The vision I once had of a beautiful life of raising children and producing vast numbers of inspired paintings has come to a screeching halt. Whoa. Who knew that these two precious bundles of cuteness could turn my world upside down. How do I do what I love so much--paint, and also pour into these people I love so much--my husband and kids? With just Asher, my 3 year old, it was so manageable. Just one to feed and cart around. Just one to take nice long naps so I could have plenty of creative time. Somehow with the addition of Eden, our sweet happy girl, I can barely find time to crack a cookbook to try a new recipe, much less get lost in a painting. I can barely keep up with the laundry and dishes.

So, here I am attempting to document my journey as an artist, and now a mom, to those of you who would like to follow along...

6 comments:

Brandon Baca said...

You are the BEST! I am so glad you have a blog...

Unknown said...

Great! We are all unfinished, that is why we are so blessed to have Christ. He is the auther and finisher.
Ps. Nobody can do dishes and laundry either...

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad you have a blog! I know it will be one of my favorites to read!!

Love you girl!

cody scherrie said...

love it!!! you know i'm not a writer, but i will read your blog baby!!

love ya,

cody

dreamingBIGdreams said...

Welcome to the blogging world .... We now have a 3.5 year old and a 20 month old!

Jen said...

I hear ya sister.
My art room turned into the home office, the office is turning into another kid's room. My drafting table is about to get the boot. My paint brushes have been hijacked. the last painting i did was a cooperative effort with a 4 year old, though it is hanging on a wall. Here's to hoping we find the time to do what we love sometime, somehow. love ya